Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Dear Adelaide,

I cannot wait to show and teach you so many awesome things. My head is spinning.

I know it will be a while before we can make cinnamon rolls and granola bars together, but maybe you can dress the part in the mean time.

Our first book will be Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, which I've never read before either. (I look forward to lively discussions.) And unless you object, we'll follow it up with Little Women--my favorite book when I was about 6 or 7, but which I remember virtually nothing about...except that Laurie is a dude.

Unfortunately, you'll probably inherit Gram's and my frantic "trap and toss" gecko-removal strategy. But your dad warned me this morning that I can't pass on my irrational fear of socks. I'll do my best.

I will call you Ladybug until you're old enough to hate it. But by then it will be too late--sorry. And when you can't sleep, I'll tell you George stories and help you imagine that you're floating on a pink cloud.

There are still a few things on my to-do list, but I'm *pretty much* ready when you are. Although, it would be awesome if you could wait until at least September 23, because I'd really like it if we were both Libras.

Love, Mommy

No comments: